Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sea Otter

3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  RyanMTB 
#1 ·
So, who's going? I'll be there Saturday as usual to look at shiny bikes and buy stuff I don't need.

#16 ·
Watta want/need ?
I'll get it for you and either bring it or send it to you.
You Da Man!
PM me.
G

I was going. I had paid for a USAC license, registered for Enduro, DH, secured more Flow Endor shirts, bought a bunch of cards to direct people to a URL with info about Tamarancho, secured space in a booth and bought hotel rooms. Now I'm sitting in a hotel zoom in Michigan with no timetable to return home. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And you?
I don't know what I can do for you Captain Fantastic. ;) :cornut:

#13 ·
Wish I was going - but will have to listen to the reports from the shop this weekend... We are going to be there as a presence - stop by Booth 443 and say Hi to Mike and the guys. We'll be representing Salsa at Sea Otter this year! The new bike should be at the booth off and on all weekend!

#14 ·
I was going. I had paid for a USAC license, registered for Enduro, DH, secured more Flow Endor shirts, bought a bunch of cards to direct people to a URL with info about Tamarancho, secured space in a booth and bought hotel rooms. Now I'm sitting in a hotel zoom in Michigan with no timetable to return home. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I will miss it, literally and otherwise. Have had many great weekends there over the past 10 years. That all said, I will sleep better during this SOC than I have in the past 10 years, and will be several hundred $$$ better off on Monday too. Give and take.

Davey, good luck. Hope you make it back in time.

#19 ·
I'll be hitting up Demo on Saturday for the first time then Sea Otter on Sunday. Kind of bummed all the big downhill guys will be in South Africa but still want to see some people send it.

Is there a place I can leave my bike? I would rather explore the expo without it.
Just leave your bike unattended in Santa Cruz for 3 seconds. No more bike. Seriously be careful out there.

#23 ·
Yes you can do that in the Demo area with your bike.
Super chill peeps there to keep an eye on it but your best option is just to leave it at the Valet.
No problem either way.
And dont worry, there will be plenty O' guys whom you don't know, who will be sending it on the DH. :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Mountain bike

#24 ·
I'm thinking of heading up to SO. It will be my first time. Is it better or necessary to have a bicycle to get around? I've walked Laguna Seca for the MotoGP and I'd prefer to ride my Sport/Tour moto up Hwy 1 and not burn the fuel $$ in my truck. Is there a disadvantage to going without my bicycle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.