Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who's going? I'll be there Saturday as usual to look at shiny bikes and buy stuff I don't need.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Going to Monterey that weekend to do some diving so I'll be there on Saturday, but probably not any other days just because of time constraints. Where are you guys staying overnight?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Keg is tapping thurs, growlers through the weekend.

I get that some of you folks actually go there and race. Lets pint race!

any news on mtbr party?

·
Mtn View, CA
490 Posts
I will be there with the family most of Saturday. I'm racing the men's cat 5 cx race with 43 other idiots.

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,284 Posts
Keg is tapping thurs, growlers through the weekend.

I get that some of you folks actually go there and race. Lets pint race!

any news on mtbr party?

Nice!! So look for a red mr2 with the doors swung open and a kegerator spewing suds, while blasting... what? Billy Squire..? up at chapparel b campground, right.

:cool:

·
J-Flo
1,740 Posts
Will be there this weekend, racing XC on Sunday in the scrum. So far there are over 1,000 men and 250 women signed up for XC.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,701 Posts
Not going, but would anyone be able to pick up 2 small items for me at the Dirt Rag booth?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Mandatory OC trip so ill have to live this years SO vicariously through your posts and pics. Cheers

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Wish I was going - but will have to listen to the reports from the shop this weekend... We are going to be there as a presence - stop by Booth 443 and say Hi to Mike and the guys. We'll be representing Salsa at Sea Otter this year! The new bike should be at the booth off and on all weekend!

·
I'm really diggin it!
3,078 Posts
I was going. I had paid for a USAC license, registered for Enduro, DH, secured more Flow Endor shirts, bought a bunch of cards to direct people to a URL with info about Tamarancho, secured space in a booth and bought hotel rooms. Now I'm sitting in a hotel zoom in Michigan with no timetable to return home. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Uncle
4,294 Posts
I will miss it, literally and otherwise. Have had many great weekends there over the past 10 years. That all said, I will sleep better during this SOC than I have in the past 10 years, and will be several hundred $$$ better off on Monday too. Give and take.

Davey, good luck. Hope you make it back in time.

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,956 Posts
Not going, but would anyone be able to pick up 2 small items for me at the Dirt Rag booth?
Watta want/need ?
I'll get it for you and either bring it or send it to you.
You Da Man!
PM me.
G

I was going. I had paid for a USAC license, registered for Enduro, DH, secured more Flow Endor shirts, bought a bunch of cards to direct people to a URL with info about Tamarancho, secured space in a booth and bought hotel rooms. Now I'm sitting in a hotel zoom in Michigan with no timetable to return home. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And you?
I don't know what I can do for you Captain Fantastic. ;) :cornut:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be hitting up Demo on Saturday for the first time then Sea Otter on Sunday. Kind of bummed all the big downhill guys will be in South Africa but still want to see some people send it.

Is there a place I can leave my bike? I would rather explore the expo without it.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Bike Valet park this year is at the entrance before you cross the bridge into the expo area. (not the bridge from wolf hill parking)

·
I'm really diggin it!
3,078 Posts
I'll be hitting up Demo on Saturday for the first time then Sea Otter on Sunday. Kind of bummed all the big downhill guys will be in South Africa but still want to see some people send it.

Is there a place I can leave my bike? I would rather explore the expo without it.
Just leave your bike unattended in Santa Cruz for 3 seconds. No more bike. Seriously be careful out there.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Wonder if you could have a LBS hold it for you? A lot of them have room to keep bikes waiting for repairs. Maybe you could talk to one of the mechanics and swap storage for a 6-pack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts