Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any and all observations of interest, toss them out here.

I'll start: Our own awesome forum participant LMN's wife C. Pendre makes thel top five in XC. Nice!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Kabush didn't seem to be showing his age at Moab Rocks 2 weeks ago... and neither was Katerina Nash.

·
Rides all the bikes!
3,976 Posts
I skipped the Thursday race. But I'll let you know who finished last on Sunday :lol:

I saw Tinker out there with his bike all geared up. Did he race?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I've been on-course with Cole Paton (16th in the pro-xc), that was about 3 years ago, I talked to him after the race and he seemed like a really nice kid. I started in masters a couple of minutes after him, I was really pushing the pace on the climbs (and I'm a pretty decent masters c1 climber), and his climb times were SO much faster than mine.
I'll also be looking at the jrs finishes; a local really-fast kid and family are there, he did really well in the enduro on Thurs, I expect he will do well in the xc Sunday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I liked the CAT 2 XC course but I crashed on the grass downhill just before the finish. I was told after the race that lots of racers went down there.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a lot of great racing (and tons of participants). Good stuff.

Not much in the way of interesting product launches. Every company wants to do their own thing these days.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Sofia Gomez in fourth was also a strong performance.
Nice! A couple season ago she was racing our local CX races in Utah for some reason. She might of been in college here. (?)

Evelyn Dong and Keegan were also part of our local scene. One time I found Keegan's misplaced XC ski team jacket in some strange place (it had his name on it) and coordinated with his mom to get it back to him. He was a younger teen back then.

·
Rides all the bikes!
3,976 Posts
Raced with Sofia at the local Southridge series which is basically the same course as the Fontana XCT (a lot of the pro's would race Southridge preseason for that reason). She's definitely moved up, I used to be faster than her :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts