Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is attending? What are you doing?

The weather is looking absolutely perfect.
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/12/2011-sea-otter-classic-weather-forecast-perfect/
But don't let your guard down of course.

Socal is coming up and there's a Demo ride around 9am from the Demo lot on Friday.

Mtbr raffle is on every Fri-Sun at our booth.

It is ladies day on Sunday and all ladies enter the festival Friday.

I will bring a case of Pliny and it will be hiding somewhere in the booth!

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rensho said:
Since Demo is very tough to get to due to Highland Rd, could we start in Aptos. I plan to ride Friday with you all, as well as help with booth duty on Sunday.
Socal crew is coming from Sea Otter so they have no problem going through Corralitos and getting to the parking lot.

Also Andy has been cake testing a lot for his upcoming wedding and he doesn't feel comfortable with the initial 3000 foot climb :)

I'm not making this ride but K-max will be there. Rensho and others, be good hosts and show them some Norcal hospitality.

fc

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Heading up Friday. Doubt early enough to make 9am demo ride :( which sucks as would love to make it. (any chance a later ride?)

Racing Sunday Cat 2 thx to Francois. Low expectations as cant seem to shake a stomach bug...but will give it a go.

Will find a Pliny...and see what all the talk about this beer is about. Speaking of which is there going to be a keg at SO sometime/somewhere?

John I will take a pic of said bike if there is one. Thought Titus was done (for now at least?) Have fun at your race...looks awesome. Especially how they saved all that climbing for the end..so nice of them!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Driving up early Sat. Morning. Checking in, drink some pliny, looking at some swag, get some swag, working MTBR tent from 11-1, drinking some pliny, Ripping a road demo bike around Laguna Seca, drinking some pliny, drinking some pliny, jumping on a mountain demo bike and pre-riding the XC coarse, drinking some pliny, walk around and get some more free stuff, hit the hotel, jump in the hot tub, go to sleep. Wake up race XC, drink pliny, drink pliny, free stuff, free stuff, drink pliny, drink pliny. Go home. ;)

Chris

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
WaitWienie said:
Driving up early Sat. Morning. Checking in, drink some pliny, looking at some swag, get some swag, working MTBR tent from 11-1, drinking some pliny, Ripping a road demo bike around Laguna Seca, drinking some pliny, drinking some pliny, jumping on a mountain demo bike and pre-riding the XC coarse, drinking some pliny, walk around and get some more free stuff, hit the hotel, jump in the hot tub, go to sleep. Wake up race XC, drink pliny, drink pliny, free stuff, free stuff, drink pliny, drink pliny. Go home. ;)

Chris
We have similar plans, but you need to join me in some protesting.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I will be there fri-sunday. I will attempt the DH on Sat on my XC bike. I don't have another one to choose from so it will have to do. I don;t care too much about my result just want a reason to wear my full face for the 4th time now in 8 years. Then riding the cat 2 XC on sunday. I will make it a point to stop by the MTBR booth for a pint of that wonderful keg.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pmarshall said:
I will be there fri-sunday. I will attempt the DH on Sat on my XC bike. I don't have another one to choose from so it will have to do. I don;t care too much about my result just want a reason to wear my full face for the 4th time now in 8 years. Then riding the cat 2 XC on sunday. I will make it a point to stop by the MTBR booth for a pint of that wonderful keg.
There is no keg!

You guys better bring beer to our booth as all my Pliny is reserved for hotties.

fc

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
francois said:
There is no keg!

You guys better bring beer to our booth as all my Pliny is reserved for hotties.

fc
I am sorry maybe I read that wrong. Did you just say there is no keg? This does no compute. I want my darn keg and I want it now! I will call JG Wentworth and tell them that it's my beer and I want it now. Just replace the word money with beer and that is how we feel.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
in +5 for sea otter. Cheering on all the friends racing all the different events. Lots of beer.

Trying to decide which broken frame(s) to bring as noise makers. Rear triangles and a crescent wrench are both LOUD and pack down well :)

Beer.Swag,Beer.

We're also trying to ride demo friday at 9am, so that's cool there's a group ride.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
fred-da-trog said:
I'll be there with the family on Saturday.

Time and place for protest?
The MTBR booth doesn't know it, but there is a Pliny-Killer tasting competition going on there. Thats the staging area for the protest. Wether we leave the beer or not has yet to be determined.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts