Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
63/139!

Rumpfy said:
The results were in by last night...which is nice.

Results thread from last year (2004):
Sea Otter Results: 2004

And the results for this year (2005):
Sea Otter Results: 2005
I think the course was faster this year, but I beat my last year's time by 15 minutes or so. I also made my top 50% goal, which I am happy about.

I thought I went faster than that even, but my legs gave out on the climb out. I couldn't get out of granny gear (plus three cogs in back) without cramping like mad. In the pre-rides, I was out-of-saddle, locked out front and rear hammering middle ring... plus a couple of cogs up, but it didn't happen during the race.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Impy said:
YAAAY I'M #1, I'M #1, er um,wait, no, I'm #5. :D
Lest people get the wrong impression, my write up is
here

Hey rumpfy it was great seeing yew at the Ottair!
Hey Impster, your link takes me to yet another argument between Pete and Melt. Where's your REAL write-up?

·
Paper or plastic?
10,591 Posts
94/139

pimpbot said:
I think the course was faster this year, but I beat my last year's time by 15 minutes or so. I also made my top 50% goal, which I am happy about.

I thought I went faster than that even, but my legs gave out on the climb out. I couldn't get out of granny gear (plus three cogs in back) without cramping like mad. In the pre-rides, I was out-of-saddle, locked out front and rear hammering middle ring... plus a couple of cogs up, but it didn't happen during the race.
I'm way slower than you, but I still beat my goal by quite a bit. I was in complete pain for the last 2 miles of the race and granny geared that mofo all the way up, but I finished. I had an awesome time. The race inspired me to ride more and go back to beat the 2hr mark next year. What else could I ask for? :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hamstrings hurt, so badly...

I raced the 19-24 expert class. Was in Lead group through about 10 miles then a crash from one of the pro women split the field. Our chase group tried to close the gap but before we could catch them I was felled by cramps. Right when we turned onto the raceway i did a half crash half step off my bike and sprawled on my side, hamstrings were convulging. Spent like ten minutes massaging them then spun through the next 3 miles before i Had to stop again. Was start go till about 6 miles left then said to hell with stopping anymore. I must have said NOPAIN 3 or 4 thousand times those last 6 miles, with every exhale, whenever my legs would try and cramp I would Just hit them with my fist with all my might, seemed to help. Was crying win i crossed the finish line, 13th out of about 20, passed three guys in my class in the last few miles, was just trying to sneak into the top ten for a national qualifier spot. Turns out I strained both my hamstrings, can barely walk right now. Time was 3:25 with about a half hour of walking/stopping for my hammys. Beutifull course, best race venue I have ever done.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
HUGH said:
Congrats to all So Calers!!

HUGH
:)
Pullleeze! Socalers just got lucky that the weekend was sunny.

I was gonna kick your ass for not coming Hugh... But I heard the road bike did that already. Sorry about that bruddahhh! Get well soon.

fc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.