Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, April 7 is the great Sea Otter Pre-ride and barbecue.

Ride groups and schedule is:
A group - start at 8am to ride two laps. Ride leader - Rensho
B group - start at 9:45 and ride 1 lap at a 2-3 hour pace. K-Max
C group - start at 9:46 and ride 1 lap at a 3-4 hour pace. Ride Leader - Zorg!
D group - skip the ride and beeline to the barbecue.

Those are start times so get there before those times depending on how long it takes you to get ready. Meeting spot is the red X.

If you want to carpool for the 8am ride, we are meeting at 6:30 at the Park'n Ride in Los Gatos of Highway 17. It's a long, big lot on Saratoga-Los Gatos road (aka Highway 9). It's the red star.

Finally, after the ride, there is a big barbecue, beer tasting at K-max's house in Morgan Hill. Kyle, directions please??

So who's in? What ride are you interested in? If not, WHY???

francois

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
FoggyGoggles and I are doing 2 laps, no BBQ, meeing in LG at 6:30 tomorrow. Could take two more with vehicle change.

·
Uncle
4,329 Posts
Will be there for the K-Max 9:45 2-3hour group

though I do hope to knock it out a lot faster the following Saturday; aiming for a 1:50 this year, but if my current condition is any indicator, 2-3 hours will be a challenge. See y'all in the morning.
Josh

·
(Ali)
782 Posts
I am definitely in tentatively for B group, unless someone convinces me that I can stay with the A group's first lap.

Rensho, what is your guess on the first lap time? I should be able to do it if it's a little over 2 hours. Otherwise I will sleep a little more and join the B group. :)

Ali

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Finch Platte said:
Jeezus, 8 a.m.?

Rensho??!!??

Crap.
I know, that sucks.

There really could be an informal 9:45am group that rides 2 loopies and arrives at the BBQ late. I have no control over that.
Come down and ride with Dan51 starting at 9:45. He seems to be willing to extend his 1 lap into 1+?

I know, I know. 8am, ugh.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
rj2 said:
FoggyGoggles and I are doing 2 laps, no BBQ, meeing in LG at 6:30 tomorrow. Could take two more with vehicle change.
2 more laps??!??!? Holy moley. :eek:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dan and I are in. We'll be starting at 9:45am and keeping up with whoever we can keep up with. I do not expect anyone to wait for me and prefer heckling to hammering. If there's a B minus ride, that's my group--Dan can be our fearful and animated leader.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm in for the B group. It'll be fun to meet new people and check out the course. I won't be able to make the BBQ. I'm coming from Los Altos and have room for 1 more bike if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
rensho said:
On FC's map, there are showers just to the left of the Red X.
You get that free, for your $6/car entry.

http://www.laguna-seca.com/pdf/trackmap3.pdf

Jeffh, Grrrah, Rensho are meeting at Rensho's and leaving from there. 6:45am sharp. FC, you want in?
Yes, put me in that boat.

What breakfast are you serving and what movie is showing on that flight?

fc

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Directions from Laguna Seca:

Take 101 North from Laguna Seca
Take the E Dunne Ave exit toward Morgan Hill
Turn right at E Dunne Ave
Slight left to stay on E Dunne Ave (climb hill)
Turn right at Jackson Oaks Dr (climb bigger hill)
Turn right at Oak Canyon Dr

Park on Oak Canyon Drive, top o' th' hill, toward the end of the street!

Turn left at Oak Canyon Ln (small narrow street)

Our house is 3740 Oak Canyon Lane.

Enter down the driveway and just come through the white gate.

Bring your hot tub attire and your shuffleboard mojo.

Attachments

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Oh, and I printed out some little maps with the turn by turn directions. Hopefully, you 2 loopers will know where you're going. At least you will the second time around. ;)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pisket said:
I am definitely in tentatively for B group, unless someone convinces me that I can stay with the A group's first lap.

Rensho, what is your guess on the first lap time? I should be able to do it if it's a little over 2 hours. Otherwise I will sleep a little more and join the B group. :)

Ali
You're good for the A group. You'll be fine. Just ride a little harder. Then on the second loop you can chill and even jump to other groups.

francois

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Group A lap 1 time should be right at 2hrs. We won't stress if we're running a little late, we'll catch up on the 2nd lap.

We don't mean to make this seem like a race or something. It is a ride, like any other group ride. The pace is fast, and the stops are few. Other than that, just a group ride.

Oh, and I can't really lead, asI don't know my way on the lap. :blush:
Zen rode it last weekend, so he should lead. Plus, he's on a 2:00 pace anyway.
I'll print out a map of the course.

I think Kyle meant to remind folks to park at the uphill end of his street. There's no parking on his street, nor in his driveway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm going with K-max's B group or maybe Shiloh and Dan's B- group depending on how I feel. And I'm so in for the BBQ! Thanks K-max for putting it on. Your parties are always fun :)

- Felicia

·
It's always greener
289 Posts
((what am I thinking))

Thanks ultralord for setting this thread up, and MANY thanks to K-Max for the idea, the beer, and the BBQ!

rj2 said:
Hey rj2...

I'm wondering if I could jump into your car if I meet you at the Park & Ride in LG at 6:30am (yikes.............)? I gotta get in on this because it's been too long since I punished myself on the bike, and I just can't stand the thought of Rensho riding away from me at will, which is what's gonna happen if I don't get myself back into shape here...

Let me know, and I'll meet you there. I'll be coming from San Carlos up the Peninsula.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Paper or plastic?
10,286 Posts
Let me dispel a myth, me be no leader, and me be no riding singletrack tomorrow. :( Instead, I'll be doing this:

You guys have fun at Ord.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
zorg said:
Let me dispel a myth, me be no leader, and me be no riding singletrack tomorrow. :( Instead, I'll be doing this:

You guys have fun at Ord.
You look so much taller from the front...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts