Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trying a little
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for people who have had good experiences at hotels around Seaside or Monterey during sea otter? Trying to stay around $65 / night max.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

·
formerly Gobike69
346 Posts
The last few years I stayed at Motle 6 in Marina. Cheap and fairly close. Motels 6's fees went up this year and I went out looking for another cheap place to crash. I got on hotels.com and got a reservation at the Good Night Inn in Salinas for $50.00 a night. It's not pretty but it's home:winker

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe you can get lucky and find a few MTBR's that live in the area to let you crash at their place! I would volunteer but I am moving away from the area a week before the SO. Sucks so bad...I want to try out my hand in racing for the first time too! I am bummed..

**I do get to go through MOAB on my drive across country with my bikes though! That may make up for a little bit of my disappointment.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Give the Munras a check. Right in town, decent rates, and even better, close to both local bike shops, and there's the pancake restaurant across the street!!

FYI: Some of us are now in the habit of bringing our posessions inside, too much theft the last few years. This goes for any hotel. Heck, even the Hilton, leaving room doors ajar while doin the beds. I know it should go without saying, but our neighbor went to eat in town and had a bike stolen. Ours were locked with chains to the table!!

You can also just fork out for a campsite, and bring a couple of pallets and a futon pad to throw on the tent floor. In our experience, way more comfortable and fun than the hotels. You're really close, can catch almost all the action, and best of all, no fricking traffic lines!! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.