Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
och aye
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few miscellaneous photos when taking a break or walking off cramps. So for those of you around the 6:30hrs finishing time you might recognise yourself/some views.
(they are coming - honestly)

·
och aye
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More than the XC!

Urban_Legend said:
Forgive my ignorance...but is that the cross country event at Sea Otter? I'm interested in doing this next year, and I'm wondering what to expect.
Well it is cross country, but usually folks are talking about the XC Race which were held on Sunday for the non-pros. Ther's a full schedule posted on mtbr somewhere but also at the seaotterclassic website.
The XC race was about 20 mile lap. there's lots of other discussion on the forums too. The XC races tend to get busy with about 200 riders per agegroup setting off at 5 min intervals - it can get congested, but it's an experience as long as you don't expect to win! I heard that the Epic or a Marathon was going to re-run next year if you want a seriously long ride with great cameraderie but some lonely stretches. Get prepared, I'd say the off road 50 is like an on-road century. Good luck!

·
och aye
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might recognise the start line

cr_mmurillo said:
Epic Ride
If you were the guy taking some video and stills at the start line in a Yahoo or Yazzoo (sp?) jersey I recognise you. I missed being in your shot by about a bike length.
The water was pretty deep out there - and turned into grinding paste very quickly on brakes and chain :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.