Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm busy at work, so I'll go light on the comments. K-max and I rode Ft Ord; mostly on the Sea Otter course, but some not, and some just plain bushwhacking through poison oak. We started on the end of Reservation Rd, where neither of us had ever ridden and just started going. I didn't get the camera out until we got to Laguna Seca. They removed the bridge from the top of the hill, on the downhill chicane. They may be running the race on the new fire road from where this first picture was taken.

A different kind of racing a week before The Sea Otter Classic

The beginning of the course was awfully muddy

Surprisingly, this didn't ruin our day.

Kyle took one bad spill into the grand canyon of XC Trail obstacles

Where's Waldo?

More boring NorCal trail pics

And more...

Flowers

Kyle cleaning Hurl Hill

Photo by A. Dobe

One picture of these flowers was not enough

Two of these were a plesant surprise

and the beginning of part two of the story, which will remain undercover for now.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
That pic of kmax face down is a crack up...

I specifically like how his bike is strategically placed in the rut. Weres a circling vulture when you need one...

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
great day of riding and other stuff!

i haven't broken out in poison oak yet, so i'm breathing much easier right now. that was crazy. i do have sunburn racing stripes on my head, though. ouch. all you haired individuals just don't understand! you just reminded me that I need to fix my seatpost. that picture of my crash is a "pre-enactment" of what will undoubtedly take place. i just may drag a lawn chair, cooler, and camera out to that spot during the races to catch all the carnage from everyone trying to bunnyhop it! the post-ride activities were the best. can't wait to see it unfold.

and check out that beer! it's got sparkle, baby!

Attachments

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
K-max said:
i haven't broken out in poison oak yet, so i'm breathing much easier right now. that was crazy. i do have sunburn racing stripes on my head, though. ouch. all you haired individuals just don't understand! you just reminded me that I need to fix my seatpost. that picture of my crash is a "pre-enactment" of what will undoubtedly take place. i just may drag a lawn chair, cooler, and camera out to that spot during the races to catch all the carnage from everyone trying to bunnyhop it! the post-ride activities were the best. can't wait to see it unfold.

I thought the only sparkling beer was your homebrew. When are you sampling that?
Dan C. :D

Edit: The poison oak was reaching out and trying to grab me yesterday. I kept feeling all itchy. Nothing today.

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
you joke, but...

The scary thing is, all the sick and silly jokes you can fathom, they all almost came true right then and there. The seat violently broke off, exposing a jagged seatpost! Luckily, I butt was clued in and it avoided the penetration.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
K-max said:
...that picture of my crash is a "pre-enactment" of what will undoubtedly take place. i just may drag a lawn chair, cooler, and camera out to that spot during the races to catch all the carnage from everyone trying to bunnyhop it!...
Would not surprise me to see them throw a sheet of plywood over it.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
OK your redeemed..

K-max said:

to having a sense of humor.Dude you must flapped your arms pretty hard to fly as far as it seems you did in that pic....see ya friday..

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
I'm busy at work, so I'll go light on the comments. K-max and I rode Ft Ord; mostly on the Sea Otter course, but some not, and some just plain bushwhacking through poison oak. We started on the end of Reservation Rd, where neither of us had ever ridden and just started going. I didn't get the camera out until we got to Laguna Seca. They removed the bridge from the top of the hill, on the downhill chicane. They may be running the race on the new fire road from where this first picture was taken.
Bummer! Not as bunny hoppable as I was hoping.
It'll be a cluster f**k there for the more timid riders.

Those are great pics Eddy. They actually give a pretty good idea of course condition. Looks a bit tore up. Hopefully a full week of dry will help come Sunday morn.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Yes it will.

- It's actually pretty easy to cross but in a race with hundreds of others...... It's gonna be a cluster ....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.