Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I ride in Fort Ord National Monument often. This year I will be racing the Sea Otter Classic Enduro Race for the first time. I have read that Stage 1 is the Downhill course, Stage 2 is trail 50, stage 3 is trail 82, and stage 4 is the dual slalom. Correct me if I'm wrong. I understand that Enduro Races are only timed on the descents and the uphills you just have a time slot to be at the top of the next stage. Is this any different at Sea Otter? I have a few questions: Once you arrive and sign in after your practice time do you immediately go to the top of the downhill course to start stage 1 or do they want you to meet elsewhere to start? Is there a meeting to go over your route and the rules? My main question Is do they have a specific route they want you to follow to get to the start of each stage with signs telling you where to go or do they let you choose your fastest way to the top of the next stage. Are there people along the roads and trails you can ask where to go? What is the length of the time slots to get to the next stage? Has anyone done this race before and can comment? When do they post the rules and any information on the Sea otter website because there is none at this moment. Do they have the courses roped with tape on the sides of the trail to show you where to go like in downhill or other races? I know all the trails in Fort and and know most of the routes.
Thanks!

· Registered
290 Posts
Hi all, I ride in Fort Ord National Monument often. This year I will be racing the Sea Otter Classic Enduro Race for the first time. I have read that Stage 1 is the Downhill course, Stage 2 is trail 50, stage 3 is trail 82, and stage 4 is the dual slalom. Correct me if I'm wrong. I understand that Enduro Races are only timed on the descents and the uphills you just have a time slot to be at the top of the next stage. Is this any different at Sea Otter? I have a few questions: Once you arrive and sign in after your practice time do you immediately go to the top of the downhill course to start stage 1 or do they want you to meet elsewhere to start? Is there a meeting to go over your route and the rules? My main question Is do they have a specific route they want you to follow to get to the start of each stage with signs telling you where to go or do they let you choose your fastest way to the top of the next stage. Are there people along the roads and trails you can ask where to go? What is the length of the time slots to get to the next stage? Has anyone done this race before and can comment? When do they post the rules and any information on the Sea otter website because there is none at this moment. Do they have the courses roped with tape on the sides of the trail to show you where to go like in downhill or other races? I know all the trails in Fort and and know most of the routes.
Thanks!
Yes the Ses Otter enduro is just like other enduro race where the transfers are not timed. There are plenty of signs and maps and other riders going the same place as you so it's not difficult to find the next stage. You will have plenty of time to make the transfers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.