Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did you get in!?

Just another year dealing with Sea Otter camping on my side...

-09:00 Early camping "opens"
-09:30 Still not actually able to access the system
-10:00 Finally get access, A, B, C SOLD OUT.

What other races are that weekend that I can spend my money on? I already travel to stay at SOC.. I'd love to spend my cash on some little startup race out in BFE somewhere and bring the party there.... Call it Not Sea Otter, Not So Classic.. I dunno.. Not bitching, I'm used to this by now.. Smiley Face.

SOC 2020 this time around. Nice round number to make it my last, I'd say..

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey i'm camping next year. Last year was my first so I'm hooked now.
Industry people always getting in first : (

Kidding... You were good neighbors last year. I mean, not like Sierra Nevada with the free beer they bestowed upon us, ya know, but the FC crew were cordial and friendly nevertheless.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Industry people always getting in first : (

Kidding... You were good neighbors last year. I mean, not like Sierra Nevada with the free beer they bestowed upon us, ya know, but the FC crew were cordial and friendly nevertheless.
what up buddy!! I think we're in the same spot. You?

·
Registered
42 Posts
damn thing was sold out in 6 minutes
campground B was sold out in under 1 min!

you can't tell me there isn't an inside way they get important people and industry, campsites before it opens to the public. I pushed at them on IG and they stuck to their guns about it just being that popular. complete horseshit. look, just allocate a set number to industry and to the general public! stop this "are you cool/important enough to get the double secret camp registration" bullshit.

I love the SOC, but man is it run by a gaggle of morons....

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
campground B was sold out in under 1 min!

you can't tell me there isn't an inside way they get important people and industry, campsites before it opens to the public. I pushed at them on IG and they stuck to their guns about it just being that popular. complete horseshit. look, just allocate a set number to industry and to the general public! stop this "are you cool/important enough to get the double secret camp registration" bullshit.

I love the SOC, but man is it run by a gaggle of morons....
They give priority to sponsors for sure as they always offer me a spot, a month before, for the last 10 years.

I never took advantage until my friends started getting locked out of their decades long spots. So i get it now and share it with them.

A problem is they probably don't limit the spots the sponsors can take. I don't get a verified spot until a couple days before early registration so there is some zoning going on. But it seems it becomes a takeover and only fewer are becoming available at early registration each year.

crazy!

·
Registered
696 Posts
22 years in a row camping for me...always get 3-4 spots in A (grand prix) and have a crew that joins me. this year I got shut out of all but 1 site. at least I have a site. it's a crazy scramble for sites, for sure...part of the Sea Otter fun. lol

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
22 years in a row camping for me...always get 3-4 spots in A (grand prix) and have a crew that joins me. this year I got shut out of all but 1 site. at least I have a site. it's a crazy scramble for sites, for sure...part of the Sea Otter fun. lol
Bro!! You and Aussie Bob are the mayor of Campground A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.