Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is in all it's glory. Since I ordered this frame I finished my PhD got a job and had a second child. So it took more than 6 weeks.

Ride is great. There are a few small errors on the frame which Ted told me about, but let me take it anyway and I will send it back to fix them and a repaint on Ted's dime whenever I feel like it. Can you spot them? They are subtle, but important.

I had a waltworks rigid fork painted to match, but have not yet ridden it. I also want to peel off the Reba decals and put on some matching blue Ted Wojcik decals that Ted gave me.

I don't know the weight. You can see all the parts in the pictures, I think. The craftsmanship is outstanding (welds, etc.) as is the paint. When I rode it I kept trying to think about the bike, how it rides, etc. But I just rode, which I guess is a good sign. The only thing is that I need to put my cane creek barends back on. And I have some avid ultimate levers i will put on there.

Thanks for all the input, thanks to Ted and to NEMBA for the great deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Looks sharp! I see one zip tie around the top tube, so perhaps Ted forgot one cable guide on the top tube?

That's all I can see, unless you've got the dreaded Reba hitting the downtube problem.

What tubing did Ted use on your frame?

·
( )
755 Posts
Very nice. Beautiful color. Congrats on finally getting it!

I don't see anything wrong, unless those are extra cable guides?

Does it feel completely different than the Rig? Is the geometry very different?

Can't wait to see it in person.

Edit: I see you have a derailleur hanger so it's not ss specific, so those probably aren't extra cable guides

·
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
steevo said:
Very nice. Beautiful color. Congrats on finally getting it!

I don't see anything wrong, unless those are extra cable guides?

Does it feel completely different than the Rig? Is the geometry very different?

Can't wait to see it in person.
close on the extra guides...
does it feel different from the rig? not night and day different, for sure. hard to say for sure because i changed some parts when i swapped everything over. it feels faster yet more responsive, but that could be all mental.
can't wait to see the curtlo!

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
jh_on_the_cape said:
close on the extra guides...
does it feel different from the rig? not night and day different, for sure. hard to say for sure because i changed some parts when i swapped everything over. it feels faster yet more responsive, but that could be all mental.
can't wait to see the curtlo!
How 'bout not enough guides? Two guides for the rear brake is a pet peeve of mine.

·
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MMcG said:
Looks sharp! I see one zip tie around the top tube, so perhaps Ted forgot one cable guide on the top tube?

That's all I can see, unless you've got the dreaded Reba hitting the downtube problem.

What tubing did Ted use on your frame?
columbus tubing.
reba is fine.
yes it needs another TT cable guide... but you are all still missing something. a few things, really.

·
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
teamdicky said:
Bottom two cages interfere with each other?
BB set screws should be opposing a frame tube??
yes on the cages! in fact the ST cage will require a special cage to work.

BB set screws? wuchootalkingboutwillis? i see them like this all the time???

·
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oliver said:
It is missing a cable stop on the seat tube to run a front changer.
bingo!
so in summary, st FD cable stop, bottle cage bolts are not right, and TT cable guide.
I am also going to have ted crimp the chainstays a bit more, for some more tire clearance.

these are all minor things, esp. considering i am running it SS. so i just took it to ride for now, and will have those extra braze-ons done and then repainted. the way i see it, i get a repaint in exchange for the hassle of building/tear down.

you get the prize:

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Beautiful bike. I feel a little silly saying it, but I've always loved Ted's logo. It's classic in that quirky mountain bike sort of way. Great color, too.

Rear clearance looks a little tight, even with that Karma, but that's all I can spot.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ditto!...

MDEnvEngr said:
Beautiful JH. New bike, baby and PhD...busy 2006!
you earned the right to treat yourself to a new Ted. Beautiful color and build up :thumbsup: . I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mines :D .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.