Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
Wow, SE doesn't know how much their frames weigh? I think that probably means that if you're concerned, you should buy something else, ha.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim311 said:
Wow, SE doesn't know how much their frames weigh? I think that probably means that if you're concerned, you should buy something else, ha.
Well I have it already and its awesome, its just a tad heavy and if the frame is too heavy I won't upgrade.

·
Kicker of Elves
427 Posts
Well, The deadeye complete weighs the same with almost identical components as a stout complete and the deadeye frame weighs 7.2 lbs.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Butted 4130 Cro-Mo down and top tubes, the rest strait gage 4130 Cro-Mo...depending on size I'd be willing to be it's more in the 5.5lbs to 6lbs range. A good comparison would be the Surly Karate Monkey which has similar steel but with a butted seat tube as well, it's 5.5lbs for a 20" frame (according to Surly).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ive got the 08 Model ( Alum ) and love it also been upgrading as i see fit . So far upgrades : been geared , forks , seat and post , v-brakes just got Origin 8 Space Bar , Profile 3pc. cranks with sealed outboard bearings

·
Registered
9 Posts
proline69 said:
Ive got the 08 Model ( Alum ) and love it also been upgrading as i see fit . So far upgrades : been geared , forks , seat and post , v-brakes just got Origin 8 Space Bar , Profile 3pc. cranks with sealed outboard bearings
Pics?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hawaii9er said:
I havent got aroung to put on bars , new cranks or the Avid Ultimates since the strike is over here in Chicagoland and been swampped with work but this is how i got it set up , i"ll post new pics later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts