Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· unrooted
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters bike has the SDG Slater pedals on her bike and yesterday when I took her bike off the truck I noticed one of her pedals was loose, sliding side to side on the axle. I took it apart and couldn’t figure out what was going on, this morning I had time to take the other pedal apart and found that the end cap actually holds the bearing in place!
So check your end caps if you have these pedals, otherwise you’ll be out $10 to get new end caps through SDG...unless they decide to hook you up.

· unrooted
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the second such report on the SDG pedals in as many weeks. Looks like it is definitely something to take into consideration when buying and certainly keep an eye on if you own them.

What's a good Nylon BMX pedal for kids?
i certainly do not recommend them, the pins might as well not even be there, and now this. I've been riding since 1990 and have lost plenty of endcaps from my pedals over theyears, this is the first time it actually mattered.
I put another pair of pedals I had from my spare stuff box, I put some real pins on the trailing edge of the pedals, maybe my daughter will have to wear jeans when she rides, or maybe shin guards....my wife says shin scars are ugly....probably because my shins are only scar tissue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.