Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it ever end? An email from SDMBA:

TRAIL NEWS - Help Save Our Trails Wednesday Night

The City of San Diego is considering significant changes and restructuring to the Parks & Recreation Department that would have deep and potentially very negative effects on our parks, open space and trails. A special meeting of the Park & Recreation Board will take place this Wednesday, Jan 31st at 6pm. If you care about trails and open space at places like Mission Trails Regional Park , Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, Black Mountain , Marian Bear Park , Rose Canyon , San Clemente Canyon , Tecolote Canyon , San Pasqual, Otay Valley and others, please attend and show your concern and support. The entire Open Space Division (which manages all those parks) and the entire Ranger staff are at risk.

The meeting will take place at 6pm (don't be late) in Balboa Park at the Balboa Park Club, 2150 Pan American Road West , San Diego , CA 92101 . Details can be found at http://www.sandiego .gov/park- and-recreation/ general-info/ prb.shtml . This meeting has the potential to be highly charged. Park and Rec staff, canyon groups, SDMBA, SDCTC, Sierra Club, media and others will all be in attendance. We need a good cross section of park users and advocates. Please share this announcement with anyone who wants their park lands to be funded and cared for.

-SDMBA

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
bigwaved said:
Does it ever end? An email from SDMBA:

TRAIL NEWS - Help Save Our Trails Wednesday Night

The City of San Diego is considering significant changes and restructuring to the Parks & Recreation Department that would have deep and potentially very negative effects on our parks, open space and trails. A special meeting of the Park & Recreation Board will take place this Wednesday, Jan 31st at 6pm. If you care about trails and open space at places like Mission Trails Regional Park , Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, Black Mountain , Marian Bear Park , Rose Canyon , San Clemente Canyon , Tecolote Canyon , San Pasqual, Otay Valley and others, please attend and show your concern and support. The entire Open Space Division (which manages all those parks) and the entire Ranger staff are at risk.

The meeting will take place at 6pm (don't be late) in Balboa Park at the Balboa Park Club, 2150 Pan American Road West , San Diego , CA 92101 . Details can be found at http://www.sandiego .gov/park- and-recreation/ general-info/ prb.shtml . This meeting has the potential to be highly charged. Park and Rec staff, canyon groups, SDMBA, SDCTC, Sierra Club, media and others will all be in attendance. We need a good cross section of park users and advocates. Please share this announcement with anyone who wants their park lands to be funded and cared for.

-SDMBA
Try this link instead. http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/pdf/prba070131.pdf

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,162 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
mtbbill said:
How about a night ride right after the meeting leaving from the meeting? Florida Canyon is right there and I believe some of the shops in the area have a pretty descent route through the area. Anybody done that loop before?
I'm in for a night ride; I'll ask Greenstadt and other SDMBA board members to join us.

·
We're going down WHAT??
319 Posts
now you're making me want to go.......!

I could knock the dust off of the single-speed!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Howeler said:
This just in - Rain.

Florida Canyon is going to be muddy if we get lots of H2o
OK, we will bypass Florida Canyon and go straight to the Turf Club.
I can already taste that Rib Eye on the grill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.