Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I hate to do this but a search hasn't turned up anything. I've read that scrublover did an awesome write up about the covert. Why he chose it, what type of riding he does etc. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to the link for that.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
dascro said:
Hey, I hate to do this but a search hasn't turned up anything. I've read that scrublover did an awesome write up about the covert. Why he chose it, what type of riding he does etc. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to the link for that.
No specific thread - buried in one of the various Covert threads. Just search the Trans forum for "Covert" in the title and you ought to get pretty much all the info you need to make a decision.

It's a great frame that rode very nicely. Sold mine to PSPWesty (and it cracked on him - Transition took very good care of him post crack, even though he wasn't the original owner) in order to go to something slacker geometry wise. It can be built into a very versatile bike.

The only real issue is the tire clearance problem, which seems to have been solved on the newer generation of Covert frames.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a lot of good info. My only concern is that most of the people who have posted seem to be out west. I will be riding in mountains of the Northeastern US so I'm a little concerned that it may not be what I am looking for for the singletrack around here. Thanks for the help!

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
dascro said:
There is a lot of good info. My only concern is that most of the people who have posted seem to be out west. I will be riding in mountains of the Northeastern US so I'm a little concerned that it may not be what I am looking for for the singletrack around here. Thanks for the help!
I rode mine a good bit on some stuff out here. (I'm in CT.) And it worked quite well; just wanted more of a divide between my squishy bike and my burly hardtail, thus the desire to swap it for something bigger and slacker. I've seen a few others out east as well.

Look at the geo numbers, tweaked for whatever fork you want to run and compare to whatever your riding now. If those numbers work for you, go for it! Nothing about it too terribly different size and geo wise compared to many other frames that do just fine out here. It's a great frame at a great pricepoint. The cliched "bang for buck" is huge with the Transition frames.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.