Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
what happens ? I didn't see it.

I don't watch ebikes on video, so as soon as I saw a bike with motor ...
video closed, not interested and don't care about ebikes. don't tell me
an ebike had carbon cranks...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,048 Posts
Praxxis Carbon M30

Personally, I've had excellent results with Sram carbon. Race Face, not so much.

I do plenty of jumps and hucks with no problems on Sram.

Reactions: jeremy3220

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Praxxis Carbon M30

Personally, I've had excellent results with Sram carbon. Race Face, not so much.

I do plenty of jumps and hucks with no problems on Sram.
Ditto. XO1's are a workhorse and can be had at a relative bargain.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Someone hucked to flat and broke a carbon crank, therefore carbon cranks are bad. ok.

I've beat the absolute tits off my xx1 carbon cranks and they're fine soooo....
Head Table Ear Sharing Toddler

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Most carbon bike parts still have manual carbon layup and generally a lot of hand work, fiber layup automation hasn't reached the bike industry for the most part. That makes every carbon bike component a quality control sample of one. Consistency is the name of the game but problems do occur. Maybe this guy won the lottery and got one with a void or other layup problem, or maybe it's just a lousy design, or maybe a mouse sneezed in Indonesia and created the butterfly effect.

I've been pounding an X01 and a Descendant carbon crank for years. No problems.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
When I was in the market for my last frame, I saw enough carbon failures that I went on the hunt for an aluminum frame. Most of the failures a I saw on MTBR and FB groups were top tubes and seat stays and in what were described as JRAs. I have NOX carbon rims and an ENVE bar but I didn't want a carbon frame. If I break a weld on my frame I have a couple places I can have it repaired quickly, including a heat treat.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.