Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down there today and this is what I saw:

Anyone know what did this? It's on the new trail at the far end of Capitulate.
I had a great time, trails in good shape and puddles not full yet. Feet stayed dry. Took a nice break in the sun at the wetland. Didn't find any new trails but noticed there's a drain on Banner Aley, nice. Saw a few other rides and walkers. Saw a guy on the ferry with a custom road bike with disk brakes. He had to call 10 frame builders before he found one that would do disks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey Dave, I think Skookum is right. I've seen a few trees out there that look like a beaver has gotten to them. There's a couple up on Broken Arrow that are chewed almost completely through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Horny Deer

Deer in rutting season. Sharpening antlers on trees. We have to put chicken wire around our baby trees to keep them from ripping up the tender bark. If it were bear it would have more claw marks, Bears don't scratch trees like cats. If it were beaver it would be gnawed at the bottom. Deer. definetely horny male deer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
judithontheriver said:
Deer in rutting season. Sharpening antlers on trees. We have to put chicken wire around our baby trees to keep them from ripping up the tender bark. If it were bear it would have more claw marks, Bears don't scratch trees like cats. If it were beaver it would be gnawed at the bottom. Deer. definetely horny male deer.
I was thinking maybe the bear was trying to get some larvae / insects to eat. I really don't have a clue that is why I said definitely a bear :rolleyes:

I wonder which would be worse to run into on the trail, a bear or a horny male deer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.