Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Trail Bike Fully rebuilt. Check the links
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking to build a HT as my second bike. I don't want to spend a heap of money on it but still want some good used parts on it that I can rebuild over time.
I found a RS Revelation for sale, very cheap but has some scratched on the stanchion that the seller has self repaired.
See photo below and tell me what if you think its worth the sub $200 price tag.

· Registered
475 Posts
Is it local or shipped? It all depends on how well they repaired it. If their repair has sharp edges on the glue/epoxy/nail polish, then it can still cause seal issues. If it's smooth and they did a good job with a good hard material, then it'll be fine just a bit ugly if you look up close.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it local or shipped? It all depends on how well they repaired it. If their repair has sharp edges on the glue/epoxy/nail polish, then it can still cause seal issues. If it's smooth and they did a good job with a good hard material, then it'll be fine just a bit ugly if you look up close.
It's shipped so can't see the detail. I thinking that if it's not done good enough, I will redo myself and change the seals anyways.

· Registered
1,643 Posts
Hard pass for me. This generation of revelation wasn't exactly the greatest fork. Combine that with questionable condition and I would doubt that it's worth the risk. I think you should be able to find a good condition version of this fork for about $300, and the 1/3 discount isn't worth this damage. Look for a fox rhythm, manitou products are a great option as well in this price range.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sadly after all my excitement, I went out for a ride totally forgetting to commit to the purchase. So the fork has been sold otherwise. If anyone has a 2018+ Revelation 29r willing to sell, let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.