Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend has this Fox float rl 130mm fork. The left side tube has a scratch in it that goes up and down the tube. Which lets air escape when it passes through the seal. I was wondering where the air is only in the left tube could you switch the tubes? The right side tube is fine no dents dings nothing can you put the right top tube on the left side?

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
No, they are press fit using heavy machines and possibly heated crown and cooled stanchions during assembly. Bummer.

The scratch would wear the seals and bushings rapidly if it was possible to swap.

The uppers will need to be replaced (about $250? for the upper part, $30 for seals, plus rebuild cost).

The same or similar fork in good used condition would be less than half that price. Just be sure to give a used fork a service right away, many neglect that frequent requirement. Check the classifieds here.

·
EDR
10,731 Posts
I would remove the lowers. Find out what is causing the vertical scratch (dirt/piece of sand, etc). Replace the seals and fix the scratch. Total cost would be around 20 dollars, maybe 23 dollars if you don't have superglue on hand.

Search for scratch fixing threads. It's super easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.