Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good source of info for the social trails east of town from Dunmore to Montage? I am visiting this summer and I'll be driving this time due to the pandemic so I can bring my bike. I started mountain biking there in the early 90s and I wanted to hit the old stomping grounds for the feels but it has been 25 years so I could use some help remembering.

Trail forks and MTB project only have the official trails which did not exist back then.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm sure the moderator for the PA forum will chime in with a host of places to ride. His name is Lee and has ridden probably everywhere, and not only in PA. He's a wealth of biking knowledge. But some places fairly close to the Scranton area are Prompton, Moosic Mtn, Moon Lake, Hubbard Mtn, Lackawanna State Park. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this documentary while looking for information about Hubbard mountain, https://vimeo.com/20987235 The mountain bike scene there has really taken off since the early 90s. I think I will go see what the new trails have to offer.

·
Registered
843 Posts
That video is pretty old. A lot has changed up there in the last several years. There was a lot of logging done up there if I remember correctly and some of the old trails are just not the same or are not there. May want to try to reach out from someone up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts