Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger on a Spark 700 RC, and am very curious about the Syncros XR RC wheelset, which is an OEM model, and not depicted on the Syncros wheelset. I'm fairly sure that the RC designation simply denotes the paint scheme that matches that of the bike, but I am curious of the quality, and whether they are carbon wheels. (The top-shelf Spark 700 SL is spec'd with XR 1.0 carbon wheels).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks STM! The dealer did confirm that the wheelset is not carbon. I believe the rims are made by Syncros and the hubs are DT-Swiss. Still a very light build, at 22 pounds.

What I really wanted was the Spark 700 SL, namely because it is spec'd with XX1, but they have been back-ordered for months . . . none at the distributor level. Ultimately, I decided on purchasing the RC, and now am pondering whether to upgrade the wheelset and the drivetrain to XX1 right off the bat, or wait until Shimano's 1x11 hits the stores.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Old thread resurrection...did you upgrade the wheelset and if so which set? I'm in the same boat i bout a 700 Scale RC because i couldn't find a medium SL, also want to upgrade wheelset (nothing else, it has XX1/X01, Shimano XTR brakes)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.