Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new front der! Still need to drop it in hot water and mount it but if it works I've gone from 127gram eplate der to 104gram braze on der. This is a top pull Sachs der tuned with aluminum bolts mated with a custom BTP 38mm clamp, 3k weave and a different BTP design then I've seen before where there are separate bolts for the clamp and braze on bolt. I received the clamp from BTP in Germany within 3 weeks! !

So overall this winter I've lost 34 or so grams on ders. I would really really like to get some light and functional aluminum barrel adjusters for my rear der and shifter pods.

Best!

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
cool-but much too heavy!

why is this thing still so damn heavy?? how much weighs the Sachs derailleur alone then? must be close to 100g...

i still don't understand why you invest so much money when you could have taken an older (ca. 2000) XTR and by just slightly dremelling the inside make it fit the scale. those FD-M950 also weigh just 105g with aluminium blts. dremelled also 104g...

i will post a picture of such an XTR later.

for the money of the lousy BTP clamp you could get 3 XTR derailleurs on ebay.

then there is a way to modify Campa derailleurs from downpull to top pull:
http://www.speen.de/utilities.html

there's also guys just modifying the Record derailleurs by simply swapping one part of the parallelogram. over in the german forum they were discussing such modifications. a Record derailleur weighs just 68g...+7g for the BTP clamp...75g and that's with Top Pull.
still not much lighter than what i did to a standard DA derailleur with 34,9 clamp: 78g...still down pull though and that's what you dodn't want.

now i hope the Sachs works on your drivetrain. 34g lighter isn't all that bad but the real thing would still save you MUCH more.

changed cablerouting with half the lenght of outer housings: -50g easily
road derailleur: -25g

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
correct...

scapin said:
would you show as a picture? i am also interested in this modification. but it sounds good and rather easy. definitely cheaper than to get such a expensice clamp that doesn't hold up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.