Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering....i have the chance to pick up a scale 50 for 500..from what i understand it has a fox f100 rl on it with some juicy ultimates... pretty sure this is a 2009 bike.. this a good deal? any body got any pictures of this bike? any insight would be much appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The scale 50 was at the lower end of the scale spectrum. None of the 50's came with a fox fork or juicy ultimates.

So if it is a scale 50, then the fox fork and juicy brakes are a nice upgrade.

You can click through the model years here to see the specs.

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2009&Brand=Scott&Model=Scale 50&Type=bike

I think it's a pretty good deal deal if those are the components, depending on 1. the condition and 2. if it fits you.

However, if it was in new condition, I would buy it even if it didn't fit. Sell the frame and buy the correct size.

Do you have any more details (ie. condition, which parts have been upgraded) or pictures?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks..
what the guy said was that the fork and brake were upgraded new when he bought the bike new.. im not really sure.. i did notice that the bike in 09 dont come with either of them but in his listing stated they were upgraded when he bought the bike new...he also said that he only rode the bike twice now im not to sure about that but i guess it is possible...its really hard for me to say.. i need to go look at the bike...for the most part im tryin to find out which u answered quite well if the bike is worth the money...i am close to 6' and the bike is a med. which looks most people would like a large sized frame but with all honesty i really like a smaller size frame. i like the i to feel alittle tightened up rather than stretched out...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
mrwjobs1972 said:
...he also said that he only rode the bike twice.... .
mmmmm........I'm always suspect when I hear that....

If you are not that familiar with bikes, take someone who is with you to have a look at it to check for damage.

My wife is 5'10 and rides a medium (IIRC) scale 60 so you should be ok, but you definitely need to check/try it out.

If everything is as this person claims I would grab the bike. The frame is nice and the fork and brakes are arguably top of the line for XC. The fork alone is in the 500$ ballpark new, same for the brakes.

Does the seller have any receipts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.