Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
garsnare said:
I am in the market for a new bike and I am interested in the Scale 29er, but I have seen no feedback on this bike. Anybody have one yet?
Scott sure as heck knows how to do 26" light race bikes!!!

G-Ted weighed in on the Scale 29"er here.

Jason Mitchell's take is here.

Weighed here.

Pretty darn good price entry point in the $1499 area. And as expected, they achieve that price point with some heavy-Arsch entry level components that kept the price down. If all goes well for Scott with the big hooped bikes, I imagine they will introduce higher priced and lower weight component end models for another grand or two or three or four like they do in their 26" Scale line. If not, it wouldn't be hard for the higher performance oriented rider to toss some money at upgrades to get the Scale 29"er down 2 - 4 pounds with the usual weight weenie race components right off the bat.

BB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bruce. I had read those articles. They are what got me interested in the bike. That and I like the way it looks. I was hoping to get some input from somebody who owns one and has put in some miles on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Geometry and where to buy?

Looking at Scottusa.com website it seems as though there really isn't any information regarding the geometry of the Scott Scale 29er. In regards to the MSRP, I see that it is $1649, but what actual prices have you seen this in the LBS?

Also, I am in California, where would I be able to find this bike to test ride? I am 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam so was wondering would I ride a small or medium? I am usually in between sizes for many brands.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.