Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I funally got my first 29er... Picked up my 2011 Scott Scale 29er Pro Friday. Now, I use to race cat 1 road, and mountain bikes when I was a junior. I won 4 state championships, and place top five at nats 3 times. I decided to ride again after a 10 year break, yeah I know a lot has changed. So I never cared to much for full suspension, probably due to being a roadie.. So I bought a 26in hardtail, and wouldnt listen to the 29er concept.. I was stuck on old school 26in hardtail no matter what.. So after going out to the trails and seeing a boat load of 29ers.. I started to read up on them. The more I read and reveiwed, the more the concept made sense to me. So A friend of mine that helped me get to nationals way back when owns a couple bike shops. I went in and ordered the Scott Scale 29er Pro.. Didnt test ride one period, I figured i wouldnt give the bike a true shot unless I owned it. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. Especially when he told me there was only one large left in the country. I took that as a sign.....lol...Only thing I did to the bike was slide the seat back a tad, and took the 90mm stem off and out a 110mm on the bike. Perfect fit. So I hit the trails that I normally ride, and pow, right out of the gate, I was much much much much much faster, smoother.... The bike just makes you go faster, and feel more confident... So to all of you debating on a 29er... DO IT!!!! Bottom line. I will never ride a 26 inch wheel again.. EVER.. I didnt get nearly as tired as fast as I did on a 26.. This bike is absolutely amazing.. Im trying to upload pics, but I cant for some reason...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in Boise, Idaho. I'll update my profile.

I just walked in checking out what was new in my favorite shop. I was sort of in the market but not really committed. To be honest, I've never considered a Scott and didn't know anything about their frames but I trust the staff there and they were telling me how much they liked this bike so I was intrigued.

Then my wife just went and got it for me as a gift for completing grad school. I like it so much I've been out two days in a row in crappy weather. It's the best bike I've had so far and I've had many. I was on the fence about this Scale, a Yeti and a Blur XC. I love the hardtail implementation on this frame. I made the best choice. I don't like the brakes though. Maybe I just need to get used to the feel of the Elixir 5. There' too much lever pull before pad contacts the rotor.

I think the shop owner preordered quite few of these and that's how I got so lucky. I think they have one more large.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you will love it. I heard a lot of drama about switching to a 29r and after about 30 minutes I was smiling ear-to-ear. To borrow a phrase I read somewhere here: It climbs like a homesick angel with a jetpack.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.