Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys and girls.

Do do you know what type of headset fits a ransom frame head tube ?

Nobody seems to know, I contacted Scott france and they told me scott syncros headset is proprietary but the size is 44mm on top and 55.9mm bottom in pressfit type.

But they don't give info about compatible product because of warranty issue...

i saw on the ransom of Pinkbike privateer than he changes the headset for a cane creek forty.

You can see it here : https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-the-privateer-is-going-to-finale-on-a-new-bike.html

can someone knows the exact ref of this headset ?

thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try inverting the little boogers to the side/forward for the bottom one, now to the ones the goes above you might have to buy some really thing spacers to put above or underneath stock ones depending on the stack of you desired stem! It worked on my 2019 genius 940

·
Registered
485 Posts
it's a standard ZS44 top and ZS56 bottom. only thing that makes proprietary is the top cap that molds to their stems. I am changing the one on my 2021 920 to a cane creak series 40. If the bike came with a 40mm stem stock, I'd a left it alone, but I run a 40mm and wanted to run Race Face Turbine R stem and bars.

·
Oldschool
9 Posts
it's a standard ZS44 top and ZS56 bottom. only thing that makes proprietary is the top cap that molds to their stems. I am changing the one on my 2021 920 to a cane creak series 40. If the bike came with a 40mm stem stock, I'd a left it alone, but I run a 40mm and wanted to run Race Face Turbine R stem and bars.
mine 2020 930 came with a 40mm stem .I have a binding issue turns out my top cup is bent .Crazy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.