Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheers! said:
I just came back from a trip to asia. One month long... Tokyo, China, Hong Kong, and Macau. Visiting Shanghai, and their smaller neighboring cities (any one with population of less than 2 million) you'd retract your third world statement comment immediately. BMWs everywhere, Audis, and I guess GM has a lot of manufacturing power there or lots of investments. However the most common is still VW.

Oh and walking down the main streets of those cities you'd see Prada, Armani, Guess, Boss, Zara corporate boutique stores. Starbucks everywhere w/ line ups out the door. Oh and starbucks there is 2X what it costs here in Canada or USA. There is money galore there now.

Taiwan/Japan/China also happen to be the carbon fibre experts of the world.
China is definitely developing really fast but it's still a 3rd world country at this point. The wealth distribution is extremely skewed... over half of the population are poor. Besides the main coastal cities in China, most of the other parts of inland China is underdeveloped. If you venture inward you'll see a 3rd world country. Of course in 20 years it might change but as of now the GDP per capita doesn't lie.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
That's fine... if actual wealth distribution is the criteria for being third world... then the usa is rapidly leading the charge to third world status.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scott Scale HMF Frame

The Scott Scale HMF frame question here...

I realise the Scott Carbon Fiber HMX or HMX SL are the top of the line, but besides the extra few lbs in weight the HMF version has over the previous said two, is it the same ride?

I read somewhere that a quality Aluminium Frame out performs a budget CF frame and seeing as this is their entry model does this apply to HMF?

I think they were referring to stiffness/feel/flex.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts