Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, My first post here.
I own a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29er EVO that I LOVE, I really like the geometry.
But..., now I have the opportunity to buy a second bike, and I am between the Scott Genius LT30 2013 (180mm) and a Specialized Enduro 2014 (160mm), both band new. I ride less than pure enduro, but more like brute XC, always looking for jumps, steep drops and single tracks.

What would be your advice?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

arriero
Valparaiso, Chile

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
Neither are very different bikes than your Stumpy. My local LBS put it a great way. "There are many genres of cycling, branch out, try them all".

So why own two "all-mountain" bikes. Buy a road bike, a rigid SS, a CX bike, downhill, or something, so you have a choice of styles. At least thats what I would do.

Edit: If you go with either of those, the Enduro is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Neither are very different bikes than your Stumpy. My local LBS put it a great way. "There are many genres of cycling, branch out, try them all".

So why own two "all-mountain" bikes. Buy a road bike, a rigid SS, a CX bike, downhill, or something, so you have a choice of styles. At least thats what I would do.

Edit: If you go with either of those, the Enduro is hard to beat.
"There are many genres of cycling, branch out, try them all" => Couldn't agree more! Also, I can vouch for the Enduro as well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI fastbanana, I know they are slight different to my Stumpy, they have almost the same geometry but a bit more travel. I live in Valparaiso and work in Antofagasta, and thats almost 900 miles in between, so I want a second bike to have at work to go riding around. I dont like the idea to put my stumpy in a box and travel with it by plane every week. Thats why.

Thanks
arriero

·
Registered
219 Posts
After everything that I read about the Enduro, and then after riding about 10 different bikes, the Enduro 29 fit the bill. You'll be hard pressed to read anything negative about the Enduro. I ended up ordering mine last week and should have it on Tuesday. Good luck with your decision, and keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts