Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized the left handlebar grip on both my wife's Scott genius and my spark are integrated with the suspension lockout control. I'd like to put on something different than the syncros grips. Scott owners; how did you get around this?

·
Sneaker man
3,664 Posts
here's one I prepared earlier:
https://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/twinlock-replacing-grips-987849.html

In short, you need the plastic bit that should come with the bike, or get one from where the bike came from. I did a bodge of wrapping electrical tape around the bar till I got the doodad, it worked OK but looked crappy
One thing to notice as well, at least for my bike, they use the teeny tiniest Torx screw they could find, had to go buy a tool to fit it and because its so incredibly small and crappy, I stripped the Torx-head-ness out of it and had to steal the bolt out of other grip (I was doing loads of setup changes, swapping bars and grips a bunch till I got a setup I liked, so tightening/loosening a lot).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just realized the left handlebar grip on both my wife's Scott genius and my spark are integrated with the suspension lockout control. I'd like to put on something different than the syncros grips. Scott owners; how did you get around this?
On the 2018/2019 Genius the twinloc just sits on top of the grip, you just fit new grips and seat it next to the grip instead, that's what I did

·
Banned
213 Posts
My bike also came with that plastic shim. But I do not plan to ever use it cause it looks shitty truth be told. And I actually thinking eliminating the need for remote lockout by installing either lauf fork, or even rigid.

But I generally think that integration is half-ass solution. It does not really helps with with weight saving and it makes tweaking of your cockpit more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.