Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am brand new to the bike world. I am looking at getting a beginner bike. I have been looking for some time now. I dont have alot to spend so I have been looking at used. Its amazing what some people want for used bikes. Anyway I came across a brand new 2008 Scott Aspect 40 today at one of the LBS's. They have a sale going on and I can get it for $375. List is $500 and $630 for the 2009 model. One very nice perk with this is that this LBS does free tune ups once a year and adjustments whenever you need them for free for as long as you own the bike and they said the frame has a lifetime warranty and Scott is very good to them if anything breaks. I did ride it and it felt good. This being said, what do you guys think? Is this a good bike? Will it last for a while and put up with some abuse? Thanks for all the help in advance, Mike

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2008&Brand=Scott&Model=Aspect 40&Type=bike

·
Registered
332 Posts
do it. scott makes some great bikes. this isn't one of their upper echelon bikes but the technology is there and $375 for any new scott bike is a good deal. if you like the way it felt and you're wanting to get into biking then you shouldn't pass this up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's a very nice first bike and a hell of a deal you got on it. I recently just got into the sport and wound up with an '07 Scott Scale 50 and am loving it. You did good. The Scale is meant to have more of a racing geometry which means the stem is a little long so I may end up switching it out with a shorter one. Other than that I have no complaints. Let us know what you like and don't like about the bike as you ride it more. Have fun.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
good deal! just think their top end bikes go for 12K....................

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently picked up an 08 Aspect 20 and I love it. If I had read this post earlier I would have said go for it! Glad you did. I've never had a scott until now but so far its been awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts