Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering either one of these tires but have limited knowledge about them. How do they compare? Conditions would include hard pack, semi-loose over hard, some rock, some sand, some mud. Semi-loose over hard climbing and cornering are my main concerns. Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
bob said:
I'm considering either one of these tires but have limited knowledge about them. How do they compare? Conditions would include hard pack, semi-loose over hard, some rock, some sand, some mud. Semi-loose over hard climbing and cornering are my main concerns. Thanks for any advice.
The Scorpion is the better tire. Works pretty well in a range of conditions.

The Mosquito (being discontinued after this year) is a love it or hate it tire and wears quickly.

Both are pretty sensitive to air pressure so be prepared to experiment to find what works best for you.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I better stock up on some Mosquitos if they are being discontinued.

I couldn't agree more about air pressure sensitive. It has taken me a while to find the sweet spot with my Mosquitos. For example; I am 152Lbs and run 28psi up front and 32psi in really wet slippery conditions (wet rocks and wet roots).

They can be nasty on hardpack conditions, if you run the pressure too high, and they do wear quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.