Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the five spot apart for some winter maintenance. I noticed inside the pivot shell, (where the bushings press into the front triangle) there was a lot of circular scoring of the bushing shell. It looks as if the bushing had gotten contaminated with dirt / debris and rotated inside and scored the interior of the shell. Circular marks all the way around. Like rings of a tree. (I will post pics in the AM.)

Anyone else seen this on there Turners? If I am correct the bushings should do not move during the travel of the swing arm. The shaft is suppose to rotate inside the bushing.

Things that make you go HMMMM !!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The plastic bush should be a tight fit inside the frame and should not rotate,when you stripped it down did the old bush need knocking out ?
Clean it up and put a new bush in there don't use any grease between the frame and the bush.
The bush should be tight and firmly held by the frame.
If not then you may need to have a word with jarret (951.677.1711) at Turnerbikes.
The bush can be bonded with bearing fixitive if the wear is slight.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep,
same happened to my flux, the shafts were to short and the rockers bottomed out on the bush turning them in the frame hope you have caught it early enough.
search for "pivot shaft length on the forum"

If you measure the shaft it should be longer be a tiny amount than the shell and bushes combined Turner told me so, can't remember the exact tolerance but its very small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.