Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Schwinn Moab, I'm the original owner I bought around 2000.

It has the Schwinn ICBM headset, with a Manitou SX-R fork and Kore handlebar and stem. I'm thinking I need a new headset and wandering what brand and model could fit it? Hasn't been serviced yet, with all the shifters and cables off the handlebars and I rotate the bars it feels a little rough, and does have some slack when I rack the handlebars.

Also would like to put in another bottom bracket. I have currently the original Shimano LX Deore crank, hollowtech. It's original and would like to keep that. Any ideas on a bottom bracket? The bottom bracket uses one of those Park tool BBT-18 sockets and would like to get a bottom bracket that would fit that tool.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It looks like both amazon and niagra cycles have an origin8 headset, never heard of the company, or you can measure the bearings and check to see if enduroseals.com has any in the apprpriate size. For the bottom bracket in 2000 you probably have a taper interface with the crank, and most online resellers have some taper BBs, you will just need to know the shell diameter and spindle length. Many of the older BB are rebuildable so you could regrease or if the bearings are shot get new bearings rather than replace the BB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts