Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do Schwalbe tyres measure up, sizewise? I run 2.35 Intense tyres a tthe monent, which are easily as wide as a 2.5 Maxxis. Want something similar but lighter, so was thinking of the Nobby Nic, but not sure on a 2.25 or a 2.4 - anyone used either or both? How do they compare?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
My NN 2.4 is about 60mm wide when on a Mavic 325. A skinnier rim makes it more narrow.

High volume... I guess it is. It looks bigger and taller than the Continental Mountain King 2.4 I just put on another bike.

I might still buy NN but I want the SnakeSkin reinforced ones.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
My 2.0 Furious Fred is actually 1.8 measured with calipers set at the widest part of the tire. My 2.25 RR measures 2.1 (barely). With all the tires we have in stock I find them consistently smaller than claimed.

·
Rider and Wrench
1,478 Posts
Nobby Nic VS Nevgal

I just put a set of 2.25 Nobby Nics on a set ot DT 4.1 Rims to see how they compare to the Nevgal 2.1 I was running. On the same rim the 2.25 Nobby Nic was about the same size as the Nevgal, possibly a bit taller but skinnier. I measured the Nobby Nic and the width at the sidewall is just under 2.1 and the max width including tread is almost dead on at 2.1. Your rim width will have some affect on this as some other's have stated- If you like a high volume tire I would go for the 2.4 if you have the clearance-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.