Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rocket Ron Fast

The tire uses a new carbon nano compound which is better than the Nobby Nic triple compound, no rolling test have been completed yet but the Rocket Ron 2.25 should roll as good as the current Racing Ralph 2.25. The tire is designed to be run on the front and rear with directional arrows for rolling direction. The Rocket Ron hooked up exceptionally well in the loose gravel of Biel Switzerland and is larger than the current 2.25 Nobby Nic.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
primoz said:
Is this suppose to be replacement for RR or completely new tire? Profile on this photo looks pretty close to RR profile.
Hi Primoz!
No, the Rocket Ron is a completely new tire and is supposed to fill the the gap between th Nobby Nic and the Racing Ralph. It's widely spaced thread pattern makes it wear off faster but offers good traction with low rolling resistance and low weight.
Here are some more pics:

-->Schwalbe Rocket Ron

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If you check the weight weenies forum there is a pic of one that has been cut.

I kid you not a sheet of paper is thicker....!! I was going to get some but once i saw how thing they are i changed my mind. Wouldnt last 5 minutes around here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
been running rocket rons since september or so. think of them as a midpoint between the ralph and the nic. they make more noise rolling out on the trail than the ralph, so my inclination is that they are a little slower. but i have no real data to back that up . they roll plenty well. they run narrow for their size, just like the ralph and nic. i've been running the the evo casing version tubeless w/ stans. no issues there.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
How does the 2.25 Rocket Ron work in muddy,offcamber, wet roots situations.I don't care about rolling resistants - currently running Nevegals which work well for me.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
xc71 said:
How does the 2.25 Rocket Ron work in muddy,offcamber, wet roots situations.I don't care about rolling resistants - currently running Nevegals which work well for me.
I am curious about this as well... Wondering how a 2.25 Ron would compare in the wet rooty muddy fall conditions compared to say a Mountain King 2.4 SS (Black chili) - for a front tire that is...

cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
The non UST evolution and performance versions have been fine tubeless. The 2.4 front does not have as much grip in loose or muddy conditions as a 2.4 mountain king supersonic. It is larger though and strangely enough much ligher too.
The Rocket Ron's are fine but the conti's were more confidence inspriing on the steep loose stuff.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
MI_canuck said:
I am curious about this as well... Wondering how a 2.25 Ron would compare in the wet rooty muddy fall conditions compared to say a Mountain King 2.4 SS (Black chili) - for a front tire that is...

cheers
I can not answer your question exactly but I did a 24hr race with 22 water crossings that went from firm but wet to muddy and deep with roots and wet rocks thrown in this weekend with 2.1 Ron's.

They did pack up (there is a lot of clay in portions of the course) a little but held their traction pretty much the entire time.

I usually run 2.4 Advantages which I love but was more than happy with the Rocket Ron's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.