Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these tires? Never seen them before, but they look nice. Im looking for something around 2.0 to 2.1 for hard pack and sandy conditions here in Northern Michigan. What are your thoughts on the little albert's???

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am running a set right now, and they are impressive for such a narrow tire. I don't have many miles on them, but I love how smooth they roll on the road for my commute, and then just air down and hit the trails on the way home. The guy who races for asylum ran them all year, go to the asylum webpage and read his blog for a more long term review. I might also add that they shed mud vary well, so they are great for bikes without much tire clearance.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree that they grip well and shed mud pretty good. They are narrow, but light, the two I got weighed in at 579 and 589 grams, right on the claimed 590 gram weight. The do have pretty good grip, but the problem I am having is that thorns go through like crazy. I had 4 flats in 3 rides - all thorns. I am going to put some continental tubes in with the removeable core, so I can add some stans directly to the tube.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
surlyboy said:
I was thinking of a little albert in the front with a rear 1.9 kharma. It sounds like a good race setup for Michigan, and I can always put my wider tires on for backwoods riding.
I also live in MI. I think a better race setup would be an Ignitor or Notos in front with a rear Karma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.