Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the big Schwalbe tire? Rumored to be under 1100 grams coming to the trails near you Fall 2014. I believe it to be a cross between a Rocket Ron and a Racing Ralph.

·
Fat & Single
4,130 Posts
Schwalbe Racing Ralph, my fave tyre... ridden them exclusively all year round for about 4 years on both 29ers.

Ive just jizzed my jocks at the though of a Fat Ralph :crazy:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,436 Posts
So it's like an innertube with a few serrations for grip?

·
Fat & Single
4,130 Posts
Any more info... don't leave me hanging !

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Schwalbe?

I'll happily buy it sight unseen. Whatever the price.

I like Schwalbe tyres and have had zero issues with them over many years and bikes.

·
7,758 Posts
Schwalbe also replaced 2 different tires for two different riders over on the commuter forum when the tires (Big Apples and Ice Spikers) did not hold up at the bead and sidewall.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Maybe a mix of Ralph and Nick? Do want.

I was supposed to have Ralph and Nick in my posession, but instead got stuck with Ron and Ralph. Ron is a douche.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About the only other information is there is only one model initially and it is due about six months from now.

Any more info... don't leave me hanging !
I hear what your saying about Ron, maybe Ralph can get him to pull his weight.

Ron is a douche.

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Spoke to Schwalbe's reps at the BTAC Trade Show last fall in Montreal and when I asked the question when are you going to make a fat bike tire the answer I got was that the market wasn't big enough to even consider the cost of producing such a tire.

Maybe a change of heart?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts