Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Schwalbe Big Betty vs Wicked Will (for AM)- forum, comparison, personal reviews:

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  speedymadr6 
#1 ·
As some of you might know by now, I am a tire junkie :rolleyes: , and a schwalbe lover, although by no means closed to other options.:thumbsup:

Here you can find a bit more info and opinions about the Schwalbe Big Betty and Schwalbe Hans Dampf both stellar tires. :)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=718537

BUT the point of these forum is to compare and receive opinions of users that might have hand on experience in one or both the Big Betty and the Wicked Will and how do they compare :skep: This is an as much as possible specific thread about these 2 tires. Intended use Trail/ All Mountain size 2.4/2.35".

Eager to hear (read) your opinions and experiences on these rubbers. :thumbsup:

#2 · (Edited)
Well I have nothing to say about Big Bettys but I have been running the WW (2.5/2.35) and I'm unsure if I actually like them at the moment. I don't have much experience with other tires other than some holy rollers and some panaracer fire fr...all very different tires for different terrain. Anyway, the WW have an interesting tread pattern when you install it make sure to look at the rotation direction cause when it's correct the tread will look backwards, people tell me all the time that my tire is backwards but it's not. The guy at my LBS told me Schwalbe has a dual tread pattern on these tires ( I don't know if this is true, could be bs) so if you think or feel that it's not gripping right or having rolling resistance issues you can turn it around and see if it helps.

They are heavy as a pig in ****. My front tire is over 1300g and my rear is 1200g. I'm pretty sure my tire set with no tubes weighs more than my wheels, they are pretty heavy. I also think they don't perform that great in loose dirt, it could be me but they just don't grip that well on super dry and loose dirt, lots of sliding around I've even skid out on them. They suck on roots, lots of slipping and sliding around on those. So for AM I'd have to give them a negative just cause of roots and the weight. They seem to be pretty good for park riding though wet or dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.