Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of these for use as a summer wheelset. Has anyone set these up tubeless? If so, care to share any tips? The only issue I see is four holes in the bead area near the valve stem hole. Just wondering the best way to seal those. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I set them up using white Surly 26" rabbit hole rim strips and split tube/ghetto tubeless. No problems at all unless under 4 psi then a I get a little stans leaking from the bead as the tires dont bead up real tight like they do on Surly wheels. I am running Husker Du upfront and Snowshoe on the rear.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What rim tape are people using with these? It looks like a marge lite rim strip might work tubeless like a clown shoe strip and marge lite. I want a thin wheel for summer.
I guess a better question is what besides gorrila tape are people using for tubeless setup. Since it has cutouts a rim strip would look nice underneath. Or if you can only use a rim strip that would be great. I cant find the inner dimensions anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.