Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka Taprider
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockyuphill or anyone have a schematic diagram for all the spacers, o rings and stuff holding the shock on an Element MSL?
It looks like you have to take apart about 40 parts or more to remove the shock

·
aka Taprider
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks
although, I can't see the o rings on the schematic
looks like the names of the parts on the schematic are cropped
looks like there are a whole set of instructions on how to take apart/put back together the bike, where did you get them from?

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
thanks
although, I can't see the o rings on the schematic
looks like the names of the parts on the schematic are cropped
looks like there are a whole set of instructions on how to take apart/put back together the bike, where did you get them from?
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a copy.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Just like a shock on any other FS bike, undo the shock mounting hardware, extract it from the shock eyes and frame/link and the shock comes off. Just pay attention to the order the bits are assembled in. I'd have a digital camera handy and take macro pictures of it as it comes apart so you know how to reassemble it.

·
aka Taprider
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the diagram above is for the RSL not MSL
I had to undo top link from seat stays to remove shock

attach shock back to seat stays before attaching top link on reassembly
12 parts hold the top link to the seat stays, I found sliding four o-rings beyond the holes in the stays before assembly helped, like putting a loose o-ring around each spike of a fork

·
Registered
3 Posts
Altitude suspension

Rockyuphill

Do you also have a schematic or any maintenance advice on rocker & swing arm for the Altitude 70 RSL also. Would like to keep the torque perfect and hopefully bearings will last at least a couple of years in the sand down here in Oz.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just what I was looking for (apart from the German). I think I saw elsewhere that you recommend 12-14Nm for pivot bolts? Is this the same for rear pivots near axle (which are bushings?) ??

Loving this bike thanks for your help!

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Google power shzaam! :D translated from the 2009 German manual for Altitude, SXC, older Elements, Flatline...

DATA AND TORQUE FOR BOLTS

All special bolts (push bolts, screws and bolts made of aluminum) must be mounted with Loctite 262 (a high-strength thread locking adhesive). The tightening torque is 11.3 to 12.4 Nm, unless there are other indications.

Standard screws (steel) must be mounted with Loctite 242 (medium strength thread locking means one). The tightening torque is 6.7 to 9.0 Nm, unless there are other indications.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.