Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup i seen it in the flesh @ my local store up on a wooden planked stand and every single person that walked by or up to it did the proverbial..........wait for it,...wait

tire squeeze with a grin on their face. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I was there this evening and checked it out as well.
Loved people's reactions to something so faaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt!
Was nice for me to check out the tread on Nates in person. They are great,but I can totally see where some say the rolling resistance would be vastly different from "endos". Vastly different traction as well without a doubt.
Two rolling Darrel and two Nates look good, but don't pack the same punchline as,
" Hi, I'm Larry and this is my brother Darrel and my other brother Darrel."

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I work at the Scheels in Fargo, ND. We got two Muk 3's in a couple weeks ago. We have one on a stand just outside of the shop and people always do that exact same thing! Then, they feel the need to click shifters and I have to go lay the smackdown and tell them not to shift every damn bike they see!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Huh...Scheels has fat bikes. That sucks for me. I have one mukluk, one moonlandet and one pugsley at my shop. Black Rock Bicycles in Reno NV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh...Scheels has fat bikes. That sucks for me. I have one mukluk, one moonlandet and one pugsley at my shop. Black Rock Bicycles in Reno NV.
yup and as popularity grows there will be more so get them demos ready.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
This past November, I was in Maine. The LL Bean bike shop had a Moonlander. I asked how many they sold, the manager told me this was the first one he had ever seen.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I work at the Scheels in Fargo, ND. We got two Muk 3's in a couple weeks ago. We have one on a stand just outside of the shop and people always do that exact same thing! Then, they feel the need to click shifters and I have to go lay the smackdown and tell them not to shift every damn bike they see!
Last time I was in that Scheels I asked one of the sales staff in the mtb department where they nearest mtbike trail was.......like a dear in the headlights!!

Also, you should be thankful that they are clicking the shifters...it streches the cables out and saves a call or two regarding miss shifts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw the Muk at Scheels but I was at Black Rock bikes last friday and have known Curtis for a long time now. Nothing against Scheels but I guess I would rather give my money to an independent dealer. Curtis and the folks at Black Rock have done fatbike demos and can help you with whatever you need. While locally fatbikes have not "taken off" there is a growing interest and it is good to see some at local shops.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the most important part is exposure locally regardless of who, what or where the fat appears. Given the surrounding terrain from reno to truckee / tahoe fat bikes atleast during the winter is a natural fit.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yeah, its really hit or miss. There are a few real riders in sales but you need to go back to the shop and talk to some mechanics. I wish we had more mountain bike riders working at the store but its hard to find or convince them to work there. I would say I am the most bicycle-oriented associate right now. Honestly there isn't much in the Fargo/Moorhead area unless you want to drive for a bit. Sure, the housing can settle in to the stops and ferrules but after that it just bends derailleurs, and begins to wreck stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts