Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have explored "scarry low" tire pressures in the trail? Last week out on the trail I noticed amazing traction, but felt rim-root contact. Somthing I have not noticed sence I have changed to WTB Prowlers and have been running my rear @ 25-27PSI. So I checked my tires and the front [email protected] 18 PSI and the rear was @ 23 PSI! Now that may be ok for you guy's running tubeless, or are under 150 LBS but I weigh in @ 220 and have tube type tires....... Say's alot for WTB's sidewall toughness! And I guess my Riding Finnesse:thumbsup:

·
Advanced Slacker
15,570 Posts
ae111black said:
How many of you have explored "scarry low" tire pressures in the trail? Last week out on the trail I noticed amazing traction, but felt rim-root contact. Somthing I have not noticed sence I have changed to WTB Prowlers and have been running my rear @ 25-27PSI. So I checked my tires and the front [email protected] 18 PSI and the rear was @ 23 PSI! Now that may be ok for you guy's running tubeless, or are under 150 LBS but I weigh in @ 220 and have tube type tires....... Say's alot for WTB's sidewall toughness! And I guess my Riding Finnesse:thumbsup:
Says a lot for your tubes as well:)

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally agree you have to be extremely smooth and I can care less about rolling resistance I have really strong legs...... Btw I pumped my tires up to 20 psi up front and 25 in the rear for today's ride and it felt perfect! We have a 17 mile poker ride next Sunday I'm gonna leave it at that and hope for the best!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had a situation a few weeks ago I mounted a new front tire... It had been on the shelf for a year and a half finally needed to run it due to too wear and too many thorns in my front tire. I rode the tire 3 time loved the grip of the knobby Tioga Extreme XC . Went off a small jump landed and started to do my climb. I felt the tire was supper low on air surprised I stopped to check it to find I had spit the tire where it must have been folded. Stans Sealant was doing its best but leaking and was not able to seal the 3/4" crack. I aired up the tire to 25 psi and started my 7 mile trek home. I made it with 5 psi left in the tire. I tried to ride with my weight on the rear tire all the way home.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
I was pushing my luck this summer. I rode Conti RQ 2.4 in front and MK 2.4 in back starting in May. Tubes were regular 26x2.1. I started off at 30 psi, but quickly reduced to 20-25 psi. I didn't get my first flat until October. Our trails are pretty variable. By all rights, I should have flatted out a dozen times, but I guess I got lucky. I think I'll be going tubeless next season...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.