Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about screwing together a cheapish ss for the spring and was considering the slot dropout scandal. Reading thru the results from searches, i see they fit 650b ok. I saw on some posts that a few thought they were a little too flexy for an almost clyde. This will probably end up being my xc race bike depending on how long it takes my ankle to finally get healed up.

Anyone riding one 650b'd or otherwise and have a riding impression to pass along? Any better frames in the same price range or just bite the bullet and order a Sycip b Diesel to go with my Unleaded...

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soul cycles looks interesting. Have to do a bit more research on those...

I'd love to do another Sycip but that means a 6 month wait and more money in a frame alone than i had planned on for the entire build. Suppose the time thing doesn't matter too much. Just found out due to some issues from my ankle surgery, it will be probably May before i can even think about riding again...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Get a lace up ankle brace. I have broken my ankle twice with complete dislocations. The brace gives you the support and protects fresh scars from bumps.

I was looking at the Surly 1x1 and Salsa Ala Carte as an inexpensive choice for a SS. I ended up buying a complete Beasley.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm stuck in a boot for now. Broke my ankle in 2 places and ended up full of screws, plates and pins. Then ended up with multiple blood clots and am on a 6 month run of blood thinners. No riding for me for a while.

Rode a Beasley and really didn't like it. It just handled weird to me. Guess i will give Sycip a call and see how long the wait is....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a badly injured foot (ligament just below ankle) and walked/rode it off with a lace up brace from 661. When you're back to walking. I'm just guessing on the Canfield but the head angle and the short chainstays have me ready to find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.