Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an ad about a 05 brend new Blur classic full XTR size large for sale by a guy named Marc Tenner ([email protected]) and he is a scammer, trying that square trade thing.

Beware, as he was able to get some guy on the road bike forum.

The name in the ad is not the same, it is Greg Borrell, but it is a scam...

Cheers

JF

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the email thread...

This guy made me laugh so hard as I wanted to see where he would go... Priceless!!
Start from the bottom...

Jean,

I would have called you from the start to make this easier for both but I have a talking disability because I've suffered a tracheotomy surgery just 3 weeks ago and I'm not completely recovered. As I said earlier age and bad health condition are 2 of the reason why I'm selling this great ride without even ride as is should my self. I hope this won't be matter and we will be able to complete this deal. It's very hard for me right now because i can't fully express my self to people around me but i hope the situation will come to normal very soon. Until then i hope that you will understand me and not pass on this deal because i have this temporally disability. I'll wait the payment info on my e-mail.
Thanks!

"JF" wrote:
I will call you as soon as it is done.
The only thing is that I won't have access to my computer for the rest of the week as I am going on vacation this afternoon and I will call you tonight after work with the the confirmation that it is done.

If you can ship it by Friday so I can have it home by the end of next week that would be nice.

What is your phone number? I'll call you as soon as it is done

I can't wait to ride this bike

Thanks a lot

JF

-----Original Message-----
Sent: July 19, 2006 9:29 AM
Subject: RE: blur for sale

Hi,
I've just submitted our transaction to Square Trade, and I think that by now you have already received the invoice on your e-mail. Let know if everything is ok, if so tell me when you would be able to make the payment so I can arrange my schedule and get the bike shipped. There is going to be a fee for transferring the money that you will need to deduct it from the total amount.
I'll be waiting for your e-mail.

Sent: July 19, 2006 8:22 AM

$2,100 sounds good.I’m a member of Square Trade offering up to $10.000 insurance. I have an insurance policy of $5.000. The transaction is between us supervised by Square Trade. This means that if the bike is not like described (this is not the case) Square Trade will refund the money that you sent to me. You need to make the proof that the money was sent to the proper information (mine) in order to get the refund. The way you are refunded is at your discretion and refund requests are processed within 3 days. If you agree with moving forward with the deal through Square Trade please provide me your full name and shipping address. As soon as I receive this information from you I will forward them to Square Trade along with the rest of the details in order for them to open a case regarding our deal. After you receive the notification from Square Trade please give me an email and confirm me if we have a deal in order for me to make the arrangements for the shipping process.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ductape said:
here is the email thread...

"but I have a talking disability because I've suffered a tracheotomy surgery just 3 weeks ago"
"i hope the situation will come to normal very soon."
"and I think that by now you have already received the invoice on your e-mail."
"Square Trade offering up to $10.000 insurance. I have an insurance policy of $5.000. "
All of these quoted sections lead me to believe that English isn't this guys first language. As well as his usage of the period in place of a comma, distinctly Euro.

I would be very leery of this guy...

Marc

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same guy, Same scam

Someone else was scammed by a Santa Cruz mountain bike ad by the same person. He used a different name: Ben Lucas. He gave a story about how he'd been ill and couldn't ride anymore. Then he sent a fake Square Trade profile and account number (which was really just a Western Union account number). It was reported to authorities, but no one followed up on it. It seems like Western Union would have a camera in the lobby where money transfers are picked up so authorities could see this guy and identify him...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Let me get a hold of this guy and HE WON'T be lying about his surgery or his ailment, because I would be the cause of such ailment. It's people like him and others who have left me to stop selling or buying on Ebay, and any type of classified listing. I was selling a bike on MTBR classified and this MOTHERF$$CKER had the nerve to be selling my bike several lines down below my listing and thanks to a alert biker on this site who notified me of the bogus listing......If I can't drive to see the thing, or you don't have current photos on request and I can call you on the phone IT AINT HAPPENIN I don't care how sweet the deal is. I work too hard for my money to let an DITCH FOTHERMUKER scam me out of it and if he does then I am the ASS....... YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY: If it's too good to be true, then it is.........BIKE BUYERS BEWARE THE FUNDS YOU MAY SAVE MAYBE YOUR OWN!!!!!!!! RIDE ON.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Marc Tenner the scammer

I'm the dope who was duped into buying his slightly used 05 Blur. Call me naive or trusting, but I am diligent. Let the vendetta begin! If anyone has information on him I'd love to have it. He or someone who is in on it picked up the money in Chicago. He provided an address, but I'm sure it's not legitimate. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts