Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all Cannondale friends:
I will have a Scalepl in about a month, I want to ride this bike for all conditions: trail, terrain, some AM, single track...........,
is it right to change the Scalpel flat bar to a rise bar, to meet the my riding needs(trail, terrain, some AM......etc)
has any one change the flat bar to a rise bar on their Scalpel?
thanks!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
pennatw said:
Hi, all Cannondale friends:
I will have a Scalepl in about a month, I want to ride this bike for all conditions: trail, terrain, some AM, single track...........,
is it right to change the Scalpel flat bar to a rise bar, to meet the my riding needs(trail, terrain, some AM......etc)
has any one change the flat bar to a rise bar on their Scalpel?
thanks!
i just did this. the bike feels far more in control over technical terrain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck riding the scalpel as an AM rig. hope you have a generous cannondale rep
Scalpel with rise bar and for AM, why not get a Rush or Rize instead?
................................................................................................................................
well,this will be my only FS bike,so I will do all the riding on it!
I will do AM as little as possible!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've always had a riser bar on my scalpel. I can't imagine ever putting a flatbar on any bike unless you could find one with more bend like a riser bar - it just feels better. Also, my scalpel has been my only bike for the last couple years and I've ridden it hard on all sorts of trails, including ones with pretty big rocks and drops and never had any problems (other than wishing for more travel sometimes, obviously). Overall I far prefer the Scalpel as an all around trail bike over the Rush - it just feels so much more responsive to me on the climbs and flat sprints. (I've tried the Rush a lot - feels a little better downhill, but not worth the tradeoff imo).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.