Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have a Scalpel from 2007..the last one that has the 67mm frame and with a Fatty ultra in front ..i do love to ride it and the bike is very balanced.

Now I´m thinking upgrading for a Lefty on a good deal i can manage but will the geometry of the bike get unbalanced?
Anyone with Sclapel´s with the same 67mm rear travel and upgraded to the lefty 110 what do you feel? Bike rides ok and balanced?
Any opinion would be great.
Thanks

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Some hardtails have 0 travel in the back with a 110mm travel fork and they work well... It'll be fine, there were more 1st generation Scalpels with Lefties than other forks and they work well, the rear feels harsher than the front but it wont be any harsher than it feels right now. The geometry is almost identical between the Headshoks and the 110mm Lefties, actually the Lefty is 2-3mm taller if I remember, sag brings it back to about the same.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok those are good news!
i have a medium frame and the lefty came out from a large frame..and what about that? it´s ok to fit it in a medium frame? fork is the 09 lefty sl opi carbon version

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
No problems. Before the Lefties were size specific, or rather rider weight specific so if you were too light and had a fork form a XL or L, the negative spring was too strong and it actually pulled the lefty down a bit if you had the correct air pressure for you weight or it was very stiff if you put enough air to fight against the spring and get the right sag... But a 09 Lefty SL has no negative spring, it's a Solo-Air, it's an air negative spring that gets adjusted as you adjust the preload so it always matches pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.