Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a scalpel frame M size and noticed a change in the top tube bend
comparing a M with a L frame size. or is it the picture angle ?
M size

L size

I measure 1.85m and i'm not sure if a M will be suitible for me? can buy it for a good price
is there enyone here on the forum riding a M and measuring 1.85m( 6ft1in)

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
The small and medium have the same seat tubes (integrated seatpost clamps facing forward since the shock prevents using a standard clamp), the large and x-large have the same seat tubes, it was done that way to simplify production but to still make sure the rear shock and the frog link are attached at the right spot. So the top tubes bend quite differently on the smaller and larger frames to meet the seat tubes (although this is still true with the second generation Scalpels, but the bend is now adjusted to position the top tube mounted shock mount correctly).

As for what size to get, I would tend to think a large would be better for you but there is more to sizing than your height. Trying both would be the best, or compare the horizontal top tube lengths with your correctly fitting current bike would give you a good idea to be in the ballpark... Whatever the deal, a bike that fits right will be much better compared to a slightly too small or too big bike that will not give you it's full potential on every ride...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.