Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now .

shipped my frog from italy to sweden

matthias maybe can do a one similar but lighter.

so my frame is sleeping for 1-2 weeks , waiting for frog returns

found bolts on gold .. maybe similar on weigh but more stylish

try to purchase

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anodize them

I have a scalpel 100 also. I would not change the bolts on the frog because they are a presision fit and are made from aluminium. They are already as light as can be. If you want them to match the gold color from your titanium screws just have someone anodize them in gold. It will look identical to the gold treatment on the ti bolts. I am having mine anodized in red. The tricky part is that you must remove all of the paint. You can have some one bead blast or sand blast them. I would try to have them bead blasted because it is a more delicate treatment. It should not damage the threads. I wouldent replace them with regular nut and bolt. You can probobaly drill some nice holes in the frog in strategic places if you want to make the frog lighter.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtbj said:
I have a scalpel 100 also. I would not change the bolts on the frog because they are a presision fit and are made from aluminium. They are already as light as can be. If you want them to match the gold color from your titanium screws just have someone anodize them in gold. It will look identical to the gold treatment on the ti bolts. I am having mine anodized in red. The tricky part is that you must remove all of the paint. You can have some one bead blast or sand blast them. I would try to have them bead blasted because it is a more delicate treatment. It should not damage the threads. I wouldent replace them with regular nut and bolt. You can probobaly drill some nice holes in the frog in strategic places if you want to make the frog lighter.
i already done work on frog... only 4 grs gained .

Attachments

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now my frog is been sended to Matthis Hellore in Sweden to do a titanium prototype , lighter.

alu is lighter than titanium , i know. but i must ship it to him , so he can take a CAD design , do the right modification in measures to do the trick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.