Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an actual weight for the new Scalpel 1 ? I am looking for next seasons race bike and the Scalpel 1 is looking like my choice, so I am just curious if anyone has put a stock one on a scale yet.

Thanks

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
My team mates Scalpel 1 in medium came in at a hair over 24lb on the Ultimate scale at the bike shop. I think he has since managed to drop another pound with tire change and a few other changes.

Kevin

·
Real Estate Guru
113 Posts
I just got my 07 team scalpel, (medium) weighed in at 22.5 lbs. out of the box with 1 scoop of stans. Changed out the tires to 550 gram non ust, about 22.1. The non ust will work with a stan's rim strip on the new crossmax.

My team mate just made his 21.8 with a pair of stans wheels and 550 gram tires. He used the stans lightweight rotor up front, frog speed play with titanuim spindles.

I am talking about the Team replica, with the new juicy brakes and sram shifters.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
791 Posts
RichieRich said:
The non ust will work with a stan's rim strip on the new crossmax. QUOTE]

Actually, you don't need the rimstrip at all. You can Stan's non-UST tires with any UST rim without the strip....using non-UST rubber to lighten your ride is significant and not very costly. I've been doing it for about 4 years now without a hitch. If you use some lighter tires (around the 500gm range) you can knock a good 3/4 lb of rotating weight off your ride compared with UST tires.....mmmm delicious! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.